Why are my smile lines getting deeper? (Photo)

I've been getting my lips done for the past year and I find that the bigger I go, the deeper my smile lines get around my lips. You'll see it a lot on the right side of my face in the photo. Is it just the way my mouth is shaped or is that common when getting filler in just the lips? Can I get injections around my lips to make the skin look smooth again?

Smile lines

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I doubt the two are directly related, but I'd have to examine you in person to be certain. More likely, you are noticing deeper nasolabial lines (i.e., smile lines) with time, which is what generally occurs. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon