I'm 6 months post op did I develop a keloid scar? (photos)

I've been using silicone strips for 5 months and my scar still change is bumpy and it has dents it also has veins inside the scar ,is there anything that I can do to help? Also why my stomach looks uneven?

Hypertrophic Scars

You do not have a keloid scar. You do have a hypertrophic scar.  You may benefit from laser therapy that targets blood vessels. Best of luck!

Scarring after tummy tuck

Dear Adriana82,

From your photos it looks as though you have a hypertrophic scar. Given the width and thickness of your scar as it appears in your photos, you would benefit from a scar revision (cutting the scar out and closing it). It is possible, but much less likely to get a hypertrophic scar the second time around, because there is much less tension on the incision now that your skin has had a chance to relax and heal after your tummy tuck. If you want to avoid surgery a series of steroid injections and laser therapy can help with the thickness and the color- these therapies will not help with the width of the scar.

Meghan Nadeau, MD Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Your scar is very wide and "hypertrophic". Technically it is not a keloid, but wide and thick nonetheless. Ideally, you need a scar revision, careful recloaure, and postoperative use of Embrace scar therapy for 6 weeks. Look into this; we have used it on all our tummy tuck patients for the last three years and it has really made a difference in the width of the scar.

Allen M. Doezie, MD