I'm 6 months post op did I develop a keloid scar? (photos)

I've been using silicone strips for 5 months and my scar still change is bumpy and it has dents it also has veins inside the scar ,is there anything that I can do to help? Also why my stomach looks uneven?

Hypertrophic Scars

You do not have a keloid scar. You do have a hypertrophic scar.  You may benefit from laser therapy that targets blood vessels. Best of luck!

Hypertrophic Scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Scarring after tummy tuck

Dear Adriana82,

From your photos it looks as though you have a hypertrophic scar. Given the width and thickness of your scar as it appears in your photos, you would benefit from a scar revision (cutting the scar out and closing it). It is possible, but much less likely to get a hypertrophic scar the second time around, because there is much less tension on the incision now that your skin has had a chance to relax and heal after your tummy tuck. If you want to avoid surgery a series of steroid injections and laser therapy can help with the thickness and the color- these therapies will not help with the width of the scar.

Meghan Nadeau, MD Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Scarring after tummy tuck

Dear Adriana82,

Meghan Nadeau, MD Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Scarring

Your scar is very wide and "hypertrophic". Technically it is not a keloid, but wide and thick nonetheless. Ideally, you need a scar revision, careful recloaure, and postoperative use of Embrace scar therapy for 6 weeks. Look into this; we have used it on all our tummy tuck patients for the last three years and it has really made a difference in the width of the scar.

Scarring