Sex after labiaplasty.

Is anal sex ok after labiaplasty? I'm 2 weeks post op. I know Dr said no boys for 4 weeks. Just wondering

In theory anal sex should be fine however accidents can happen.   I suggest patients refrain from all sexual activity for 6 weeks after surgery. 

Sexual Activity Post Labiplasty

I advise all of my patients to abstain from any type of sexual activity in that area until they are at least 6 weeks post op.  Always better to be safe than sorry!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Labiaplasty post op activity

Thank you for sharing.  Although most labiaplasty patients quickly go back to many of their normal routine activities.  It is strongly discouraged to engage in sexual activity for the first 6 weeks both vaginally and or anally.  Your surgeon should give you the green light prior to engaging in sexual activities.  The healing process is of utmost importance in helping realize the desired final look of the surgery.Best of luck

Labiaplasty Post-Op Activity

Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity.  It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks.  Make sure that you are cautious in the treatment of your surgical area and all areas around it to ensure that healing progresses well. Best of luck to you!

Sex after Labiaplasty

Best to follow the doctor's instructions, since the incisions could open up. Anal sex is in the same area, and the risk of a serious complication is too great. All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

"...Maybe just the tip..." Sex after labiaplasty

...I feel your pain! Your query is a valid one, but the anus is just too darn close to the area that is healing and that you paid so much to have remodeled, so bite the bullet (or whatever else strikes your fancy) and enjoy all the above-the-waist fancy and fantasy that your minds can conjure. Do it between your breasts & see if he can reach your mouth. learn about the erotic little niches of your belly, your nipples, your ears, etc. Belly button sex? Be creative. Learn the joys of silicone and oil for lubrication and rub everywhere (except your crotch-- sorry!) Ask your doc about anal at 4 weeks (not before!) If you're healing well, that might fly. And, yes, 6 weeks is standard, but see your doc on the 1 month anniversary of your repair and ask again. Hope springs eternal..!And remember... "Absence makes the heart grow fonder..." Best wishes,
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

Sex after labialplasty

thanks for your question.   It is my recommendaiton to not have sex for 4-6 weeks after your procedure.  You definitely don't want the incisions to open as you would have to allow the open incision to "scar in" which would alter the final look.  On post-op visits your physician can let you know for sure as your healing may be more rapid or slowly than others.  Hope all goes well.

How soon can one have sex after labiaplasty?

Thank you for your question.  In my practice I recommend waiting at least 6 weeks.  Any trauma to the area could disrupt things and it could set the recovery and results back a significant amount.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Sex after labiaplasty.

Congratulations on your recent surgery. In order to give yourself the best chance to heal without a complication, it's important to follow your doctor's recommendations. In my office, I asked my patients to refrain from sexual activity for six weeks.

Anal sex

I would not recommend any type of sex for 4 to 6 weeks post labiaplasty, including anal sex. There is always a risk that you will cause trauma to the area and open up the incisions.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN