Metal showing at gum line of crown?

I have 4 crowns on my top front teeth. The two middle teeth are fine but the teeth on either side have metal showing at the gum line. Because I need another crown for a molar, my doctor won't touch my front teeth. I'm very self conscious. Is there anything that can be used to cover it temporarily? Thank you.

Metal showing at gum line of crown

There might not be a temporary solution in this case. Only way to get rid of the metal at the gum line is for your dentist to remove the crowns, re-prepare the teeth and put temporary crowns on followed by metal-free/porcelain crowns.

All porcelain #crowns are recommended #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I would never recommend using PFM for an anterior (front) crown. Usually, all porcelain crowns are the best aesthetic option for front teeth.  I use both Empress and eMax for my patients.  Both are great and look very natural. It's always important to look at before and after photos when selecting a dentist. This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions. 

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100