What safe treatments could I undergo for my vein not to be seen? (Photo)

I was born with a superficial Vein under my eye. It's faded only slightly and an wondering if there could be any treatments for it to not be seen.

Eye Vein Treatment

Typically, small veins around the eye are best treated by laser removal. The laser energy targets the affected vein, safely removing it. Seek out a specialist and schedule a consultation for more information.

Fenton Dermatologist

Safe treatments for my vein

Peri-orbital veins like this are known as reticular veins, and are best treated with the 1064 Nd-Yag laser. It is very safe, and generally only requires a few treatments, with no downtime and essentially no side effects. We rarely use sclerotherapy on facial veins, but this is also a possible treatment, but requires much more care and finesse, especially this close to the eye, and you may experience bruising, firmness and tenderness of the vein following injections. We reserve this only for veins that do not respond to laser.

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

U

For the vein posted in your picture I would recommend sclerotherapy.  I use either sclerotherapy alone or in combination with topical treatment with a RF current. This double therapy works very well. Sometimes more than one treatment is necessaery.  See a vein specialist.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Facial Vein Injection

Facial veins can be safely and effectively injected with a sclerosing agent.  Lasers can also be used, but for a larger vein like you show in the photo, I prefer injections.  Usually one or occasionally 2 treatments would be needed.  Make sure that you see a Cosmetic Physician that has experience in injecting facial veins.  

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

Orbital veins are easily treated with Nd:Yag laser

Orbital veins are very easy to treat and usually only require one to two treatments with the laser. You want to make sure that you have proper eye protection during your treatment. These veins are typically the most satisfying to treat!