What kinda of scar is this? Why it keeps expanding? (Photo)

With a year scars started to form and expand wider and longer on my cheek. I have seen some dermatologists but they just prescribe me the tretinion which actually made it worse.

Doctor Answers 2

Atrophic scars on the face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would recommend a combination of fractional lasers, ematrix RF, and subcision for atrophic scars on the face. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Scar on Face -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Surgical Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I do not see the scar you are describing, I see pores that are coming to gether which are essentially acne scarring that needs TCA cross, lasers and microneedling/PRP treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.