Can a brow lift be done by removing skin hidden within the scalp or temporarily be done using fillers to pull skin up? (photo)

35 with hooded eyes, botox didn't work. I get comments from strangers telling me to "not look so glum". I work in surgery and see surgeries done to remove skin by cutting out a football shaped piece of skin and we stitch it back together and it pulls the skin tighter. Why can't this be done for a brow lift and be hidden in the hair without having to pull and nip around the eye? I've pinched skin in the mirror and it gives me the effect I want. what about filler injected to lift it temporarily?

Can a brow lift be done by removing skin hidden within the scalp

Hi, I have performed many Brow Lifts over the past 30 years.  From the photos, your eyebrows appear to be quite low.  When the eyebrows are significantly low, compared to the desired aesthetic position, an open (Coronal Brow Lift) remains the "gold standard" by which all other brow lifting techniques are measured.  The Coronal Brow Lift trims excess, loose scalp created by the lifting process which holds the brows in the elevated, lifted position.  The only issue that I can see, in your particular case, is the thinning hair in the temporal region but the Brow Lift can still be performed in my humble opinion.
I have used Botox, or one of the other neurotoxins to elevate the brows for over 30 years however there is a limit to their ability to raise brows that are very low in position.
Hope this helps.

Brow lift options

There are a number of options to elevate the brow and surrounding forehead tissues.  Based on your photos, I do not believe that the non-surgical techniques such as injectable filler or energy based deices would provide adequate elevation and long term support.  The surgical brow lift is a proven and effective option.  I prefer to use the endoscopic approach which uses 4 small incisions behind the hairline and minimizes any visible scar.  Your picture indicates that you have a relatively higher hairline which would be further raised by a traditional brow lift so it may be reasonable to consider a modification placing the incision at the hairline in order to avoid raising the forehead.  In any event, I would suggest that you review these options with a board certified plastic or oculoplastic surgeon that has experience with these techniques.

Frank Barone, MD
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift candidate

There are many factors that go into a surgical brow lift procedure. Factors to consider include the height of the eyebrows, the asymmetry of the eyebrows, the height of the hairline, and the presence of  corrugator and frontalis muscles, in addition to their associated wrinkles. Depending upon placement of the incision and the skin excision, the hairline can either be raised or lowered. For more information many examples of brow lifts, please see the link and the video below

Eyebrow Lifts With More Finesse

Veronica Hello neighbor. Thank you for the question and picture.  An in depth consultation is necessary to determine your best course of action. BUT yes for close to two decades hidden incisions within the hair line have been used to raise low set eyebrows. I use an endoscopic technique with a small absorbable "tack" called an endotine. BUT fillers like bellafill can be used to also raise the eyebrows. I am only a hop skip and a jump from you. I'd be happy to consult with you in either my Sterling Heights or West Bloomfield office. 

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift

A brow can be lifted a few different ways. The brow lift was originally designed and done, as you described, excising skin at the top of the scalp from ear to ear. This is called a coronal brow lift. The major disadvantage is the large scar that is easily seen across the top of the head. The second approach is called a pretrichial or hairline brow lift. This is similar to the coronal, but the scar is at the hairline.  A third technique is a "direct brow lift" where the skin is excised either directly above the brow or along one of the creases/lines at the mid-brow. This is good for elderly patients where the scar is easily hidden in a deep ceases,  but not a great option for you.The final option is an endoscopic brow lift, this is done through a few small incisions in the hair, the scalp is lifted and then suspended on dissolvable "tacks" that are secured to the bone. It is hard to tell by your photo, but I think you would be a good candidate for either the"pretrichial brow lift" or the endoscopic brow lift. By doing the brow lift, you will see the your eyes open up and you will not have the excess skin at your upper eyelids. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon who is comfortable doing these procedures. Good luck, Ian Lytle, MD

Ian Lytle, MD
Dearborn Plastic Surgeon