10 weeks post-op, is my lower stomach rounded from necrosis or will I ever be flat?

Abdominal incision

It looks like you have some secondary healing. As for the rounds you describe, it is hard to say. DO you mean swelling?  If so, this may take many months to settle down.

Rounding

Thank you for the question and photos and sorry for your complication but it could be accurately answered, short of an examination, with upright preop and post op photos

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Necrosis does not cause rounding

Thank you for your question and photographs and I'm sorry that you had a problem with your surgery.  Necrosis means dead tissue which eventually gets removed and, therefore, does not cause 'roundness'.  It will result in delayed healing so that you may have residual swelling that will take longer than normal to go away.  It will probably take 6-8 more months for you to see your final result.  It at that time you have residual 'roundness,' it will be because of excess fat (either internal or external) or residual loose muscles.  There is no way to tell now, so just be patient and let your surgeon re-evaluate things in about six months. Hopefully, it will be a lot better and you will be pleased with your result. Good luck. 

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck question

It's hard to  answer your question from the pictures provided. If you could provide a full upright frontal and side view pre-and postoperative photographs the surgeons here may be able to offer some opinion. Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon. They are in the best position to answer your questions.

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is hard to give any advise with only photographs to evaluate.  Given the information you have shared regarding wound healing and treatments this is something that could take several months before the final appearance is determined.  Keep in touch with your surgeon.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Post op swelling

I am assuming that you've had your incisions assessed in person by your physician. The swelling that you are experiencing may take anywhere from 6 months to a year to fully resolve. So sorry that you are experiencing this. 

Kindly

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon