Will TCA peel affect my baby?

I have done an at home TCA peel on my thigh and then 2 days later found that am 5 weeks pregnant.Will the TCA peel cause any harm to my baby or cause any birth defect?

Unlike to harm...

Using a home peel at a low concentration will not affect the baby, the peel is self neutralising, and only affects the upper layers of the skin with little if any systemic absorption. I would not worry. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Unlike to harm...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Will TCA peel affect my baby?

Thanks for your query. The absorption from skin is very slight so it’s not documented how much is the effect on the baby. It is best to avoid all chemical peels during pregnancy and lactation. I would you to consult a neonatologist or your obstetrician for the same. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Will TCA peel affect my baby?

All The Best

Will TCA peel affect my baby?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your pregnancy!  Because the TCA was applied topically and in small doses it is unlikely that it compromised the safety of your baby.  I would inform your ob/gyn of this exposure but special surveillance/testing is not warranted.  Hope this helps.

Will TCA peel affect my baby?