Will TCA peel affect my baby?

I have done an at home TCA peel on my thigh and then 2 days later found that am 5 weeks pregnant.Will the TCA peel cause any harm to my baby or cause any birth defect?

Will TCA peel affect my baby?

Thanks for your query. The absorption from skin is very slight so it’s not documented how much is the effect on the baby. It is best to avoid all chemical peels during pregnancy and lactation. I would you to consult a neonatologist or your obstetrician for the same. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Will TCA peel affect my baby?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your pregnancy!  Because the TCA was applied topically and in small doses it is unlikely that it compromised the safety of your baby.  I would inform your ob/gyn of this exposure but special surveillance/testing is not warranted.  Hope this helps.