Do I have to have a lift or can I just get implants? (photos)

I'm already going to get a tummy tuck do id like to get my breasts done also. Am I a candidate for just implants, I'm assuming behind the muscle? Or am I stuck getting a lift that I really want to avoid? I'm 5'4" 111lbs. My boobs are deflated from losing weight. Also one breast is larger than the other, if I can get by without a lift can that be remedied with different sized implants on each side? Thank you!

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full breast lift with implants.  This can only be confirmed during an in-person consultation with your operating surgeon, though.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Do I have to have a lift or can I just get implants?

Greetings

Thank you for your questions, you will need Breast lifting and implants together. Breast implants alone will not give you good results. Do consult your surgeon before your surgery for what would be best for you.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Based on your goals, you may want to consider a breast lift and breast implants. 

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what your options would be.

Take care.

Breast I

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears you would benefit from a breast lift along with augmentation.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Implants +/- lift

Thanks for your question.  If nipples are at the bottom of the breasts, implants alone will not usually elevate them to a more central position on the breasts.   A lift plus implants will also help to improve asymmetry.

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photograph your nipple appears to be below the inframammary crease, the fold beneath her breast.  By definition this low nipple position will require a breast lift in addition to breast implants.   For more information on combination breast lift with implants please read the following link:

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided pictures as well.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I would recommend a mastopexy + implants for the most pleasing result. Best Of Luck. #HoustonTx #PlasticSurgery #DrFeldman

Breast lift

Hello. A breast lift it is ideal for sagging breast and the choice of implant size is a very important feature for Creating beautiful breasts. . You'll need to see a board-certified plastic surgeon for breast measurements that will help you and your surgeon choose the most appropriate implant congruent with your soft tissue characteristics ( breast volume, nipple position, etc.) Goal pictures are also advisable to give your surgeon the idea of what the type of breast you find attractive.

Good luck to you

Do I have to have a lift ?

Thank you for the question and the photographs. While pictures cannot take the place of an in-person evaluation, it would appear as though a mastopexy (breast lift) with augmentation will be required in order to achieve the results you desire. I would recommend to discuss with your chosen plastic surgeon. Best wishes.