What is wrong with my Face/Eyes? Can it be fixed WITH OUT surgery??

2 years after I had the gastric bypass I noticed the area under my eyes Starting to change. I don't drink or do drugs but i do smoke cigarettes and I get plenty of rest. Nothing I do seems to get rid of it. I'm so tired of people asking me do I have cancer/HIV, whens the last time i slept. Mostly Im always being accused of being a drug addict. The pictures I attached are today which is a good day some days its 10x as bad. I just wanna feel normal again.

Doctor Answers 1

Helping tired eyes

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos I see you would best be served with a lower eyelid blepharoplasty (surgery) which would significantly help the "bags" under your eyes. The only other non surgical treatment that would be of some benefit would be Ultherapy. Ultherapy will cause collagen stimulation to help with aging skin but surgery will remove the excess fatty tissue under the eyes that is causing the tired look. Seek an appointment by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a lot of facial/eye surgery and/or Ultherapy treatments for a consultation. Good luck to you!

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.