Do you think one tattoo removal treatment would remove this tattoo? I just got it done this May of 2015 (Photo)

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to tattoo removal. One treatment will not remove your tattoo. Several treatments are required and the number of treatments needed are based on skin type, location of tattoo and ink color. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Average Number of Tattoo Removal Sessions

Even with advanced technology Pico lasers it can still take approximately 4-6 sessions to remove a tattoo. It does vary person to person, but tattoo removal is a process and requires multiple treatments. 
Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

No, removal of this tattoo would will almost always require multiple laser treatment sessions.

This type of tattoo requires multiple laser tattoo removal session and it is difficult to predict how many sessions it would take for complete removal.  It appears that there may be some colors other than black in the tattoo which could make it more difficult to remove. Fractional ablative lasers combined with Q-Swtiched or PicoSecond laser can remove this type of tattoo more quickly. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser treatment for tattoo removal

Laser removal of a professional tattoo requires an average of 10 treatments, II don't think that a single treatment will eliminate this tattoo.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal Number of Treatments

One treatment would be unlikely. With our experience with all black ink tattoos and the Enlighten, usually it is 3-5 treatments total. The number of treatments depends on the density of ink and age of the tattoo. The older the tattoo, the more faded it is usually and easier to remove. There was an ink that was developed that could be removed much easier (I believe it was called Freedom Ink) but I don't believe tattoo artists liked it or it would put other inks out of business...not sure what happened but boy it would be nice to have that type of ink! 

Wrist Tattoo removal

You should do fine with laser tattoo removal. This design appears to be somewhat amateur in that there is not a high density of ink particles so hopefully it would only take a handful of treatments with the "average" powered Nd:Yag Q switch laser. Have sessions done 6 to 8 weeks apart given the location on a distal extremity.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician