What kind of surgery do I need if I am a female that wants to keep her breasts but turn her vagina into a penis?

Also, after surgery and healing processes, could I ejaculate and produce sperm to allow my girlfriend to get pregnant? Again, I am a female, wanting a male penis.

Doctor Answers 1

Bottom Surgery

Thank you for your question.  A neophalloplasty is the creation of a penis, but not the creation of testicles and the ability to produce sperm and ejaculate. There are different techniques for the creation of a penis.  One technique involves creating the penis from forearm skin, which can be disfiguring.  The other technique uses abdominal skin, which typical leaves one with a more appealing abdominal scar, is less invasive, and the cost is typically much less.  

The abdominal skin technique is the one offered at our practice.  I was personally trained on this technique of neophallus creation by the creator of this technique.  The new penis would not have a urethra and would not be able to obtain an erection without the insertion of an artificial device, if one chooses.   Prior to surgery, all patients require evaluation by an appropriate psychologist and receive the appropriate counseling.  Best of luck.     Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist - Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.