Should I have all the glandular tissue removed? (Photo)

I had gynecomastia excision. My boobs are still really pointy. Whenever i wear shirts you can still see that they 're pointy. He did a revision but only did liposuction. He said he didn't want to remove glandular tissue because it would cause a sink in my chest. When I raise arms my chest is flat then goes to a point. Also there is a circle around my nipples. I can grab a lot of the glandular tissue.

I would recommend an in person consultation to evaluate future treatment. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs many of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Gynecomastia gland excision

It is difficult to provide you with advice without an examination. Generally when there is dense tissue underneath the nipple, an excision is beneficial to avoid the "pointy" appearance. This glandular tissue sometimes becomes more noticeable after liposuction since the surrounding fat has been reduced. The right amount of  glandular tissue can be resected to deliver a smooth contour without a sunken appearance, and scars are well-hidden around the areola.

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                          Village Plastic Surgery 

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

You would have to be seen in person to determine what might be necessary. If it feels more glandular then a direct excision may be required.

Gynecomastia

Hello and thank you for your question. It is hard to answer this question without the benefit of an exam. With an exam it would be possible to determine how much glandular tissue can be removed. The concern for a depression is a valid concern. If you are comfortable with your surgeon I would heed his advice. 

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician