I want implants but not a lift; is that a possibility? (Photos)

Do you want to go from saggy breasts to bigger saggier breasts?

Without accurate photographs and measurements, no one can give you a fully educated answer. What I can tell you is that you appear to have what we call Grade III ptosis of the breasts, meaning heavy, droopy breasts, with a nipple-areola well below your crease. This means that your skin and your tissues are not adequate to support the weight of your current breasts...what do you think will happen in one or five years after you add MORE weight and volume. Yes, your breasts will fall lower and lower on your chest.  Breast augmentation procedures are designed to add volume shape to a breast. What it cannot do is provide long lasting lift and fullness in a breast that is already heavy, and very droopy.  Unfortunately you have to match your wishes with your tissues, or you will end up a revision, revision, revision patient.

Sea Girt Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexia /lollipop scar/implants

Thanks for submitting your photos.You have an asymmetrical breast and big NAC , my advice to you  will be a mastopexia surgery with implants and lollipop scar.Please consult with a board certified PS. Regards and good luck

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Lift with a Breast Aug

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can get implants without a lift, however looking at the photos i would recommend a lift with breast implants for an even better result. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates Barrington Oakbrook Chicago 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift recommended

Your nipples and areolae are located well below your breast crease (inframammary fold), so I’d recommend a breast lift for you. If you don’t get a lift, the weight of implants will make your breasts even saggier. 

Implants without lift

Looking at your photos, it appears that you would need to consider the lift as well. An in-person examination would be necessary to advise you further, but using implants alone are not likely to lift your nipple high enough. Best of luck. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Augmentation...

After reviewing your photos you most likely need a Breast Lift as well as the Augmentation. A Breast Lift is intended to correct sagging and improve a better position of the breast. If you did the implants alone, you would most likely have the implants up higher, while the actual breast tissue continues to hang lower - not what you would want. It is important to find a surgeon that specializes in breast surgery to work out these issues with.

Breast augmentation alone or with lift?

Thank you for your question. From your photos and desired results, it looks like you would be best served with a combination of breast lift with augmentation. Breast augmentation alone will restore volume in deflated breasts, and provide some lift. However depending on how much ptosis you have you might well need both augmentation and a lift. You appear to have grade 2 or 3 ptosis which makes you a candidate for a breast lift.  Many techniques exist in breast surgery, and combined lifting with augmentation is especially tricky however it can be done. The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in this area. 

Lift?

Looking at your pictures, I am pretty confident that most breast surgeons are going to suggest you do a lift along with any augmentation.  Make sure you visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon by ASPS and get a good, honest opinion.

Virgil Willard, MD
High Point Plastic Surgeon

I want implants but not a lift; is that a possibility?

GreetingsThank you for your question and photo, İmplants plus lifting is more recommeded breast lifting surgery is intended to correct sagging and providing a better position and firmness. Sagging can be fixed also by incisionless way of skin tightening, The Spider Web Aesthetics.  In the Spider Web Aesthetics, absorbable medical sutures are placed via very fine needles under the skin triggering the body itself to produce collagen and cell regeneration. The cell regeneration and collagen production results with tightening and regeneration of skin. The Spider Web Technique can also be combined with implants and autologous stem cell enriched fat transfer.Breast lifting surgery is intended to correct sagging and providing a better position and firmness. Sagging can be fixed also by incisionless way of skin tightening, The Spider Web Aesthetics.  In the Spider Web Aesthetics, absorbable medical sutures are placed via very fine needles under the skin triggering the body itself to produce collagen and cell regeneration. The cell regeneration and collagen production results with tightening and regeneration of skin. The Spider Web Technique can also be combined with implants and autologous stem cell enriched fat transfer.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

I want Breast Implants, not a Breast Lift!

If your nipples are below your crease, you need a lift to get implants!  That is the standard teaching.   But!   Depending on how big of an implant you want, this may or not be true.   The bigger the implant, the more it fills out your breast and the less tissue there is to be removed.   The smaller the implant, the more skin to be removed, and the more likely you will need a lift!  Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (not Cosmetic Surgeon) in person to be evaluated and see what your options are!