Are my horrible cramps linked with my labiaplasty?

I had labiaplasty just two days ago, and I have experienced pain, but it has only been minor and what I expected. However, I woke up at three in the morning with horrible, sickly cramps and when I went to the toilet I found it difficult to pass faeces and was a tiny tiny bit sick. I was also bleeding from the labia, but I understand that it is normal to bleed afterwards. I would just like to know if my cramps are linked with the labiaplasty or maybe the medicine, I have taken paracetamol and ibrufen.

Your cramps are probably not related to the procedure

i doubt that your cramps are related to your labiaplasty. 

david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Pain Experienced 2 Days Post-Op

All surgical procedures have some degree of risk.  Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally.  Major complications are rare. These can include infection, bleeding, (hematoma) , separation of the incision, changes in sensation , pain, increased sensitivity, unsatisfactory cosmetic results.  Any concerns of infection, new pain, swelling, bleeding , drainage should immediately be address by the doctor.

Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity.  It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks. Generally, patients are able to walk comfortably within a few days and can return to work within a week.

You are very early in the healing process and pain can be expected. If you find yourself overly worried or concerned about it a visit with your surgeon would be best to have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck!

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your cramping issues.  Labiaplasty surgery does not result in cramping and based on your narrative you may be experiencing constipation and intestinal bloating that is causing irritation and your cramping.  If the cramping persists talk to your surgeon so that the two of you can help diagnose and treat the source.  Hope this helps.

Labia don't produce cramps

The labia minora are not innervated in a way that could ever produce cramps as a symptom of anything. If you have cramps, they might from uterus, the ovaries, the bladder or the bowel, but certainly not the labia.

Thank you for your question and I am happy hear that your procedure went well.

As for the crams, they are not directly linked to your labiaplasty but may be correlated to the pain medication you are taking.   Pain meds can often lead to significant constipation and therefore bloating and pelvic/abdominal discomfort.

I would recommend getting on some additional fiber and a stool softener.