What Would Work Best to Smooth my Thighs? (photo)

I am 52 and workout 5-6 days a week, 3 days with weights. I do heavier cardio on days with no weights, and 20 min or so on days with weights. I watch my eating pretty careful too. I am 5'2, 126 lbs. bf 26-28%. I would like to know how to get rid of the extra butt cheek line on the rt. thigh and the dimpling on the left one. Lipo? Cellulaze? Velashape? More diet and exercise? Spot reducing moves? Is it cellulite or a stubborn fat deposit?

Effective Treatments for Cellulite

Approximately, 85% of all women are affected by bumpy, dimpled, unappealing cellulite.  As #cellulite is caused by fibrous bands underneath the skin that compress #fat, #diet and exercise do little to help the appearance of this condition.  Clinical treatments offer the most effective and longest lasting results.  We can now offer improvements that should last at least 2-3 years. My office also recommends three different procedures: ThermiSmooth, VelaShape 3, and Cellfina.

ThermiSmooth is a #noninvasive treatment that uses very controlled #radio frequencies that deep heat target tissues and stimulate #collagen growth, improving the appearance of cellulite.  A series of three to six treatments are needed for the best results.  Thermismooth may also be used to treat fine lines or wrinkles.

Also, VelaShape 3 is a non-invasive treatment combining #massage rollers, a vacuum to elevate the target# tissue, infrared lights to heat the target tissue, and bi-polar radio frequencies which guide the heat; all together helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite. I suggest over six sessions, one week apart.  The combination of these technologies causes the connective tissue under the skin to heat up, stimulating collagen growth, #improving cellulite and skin elasticity.  VelaShape 3 may also be used for eliminating fat cells around the stomach and thighs.  

Cellfina is the newest FDA approved treatment for cellulite.  Unlike the others, #Cellfina it is a one-time, minimally invasive procedure  in which a safe, small needle-like tool is inserted to the target tissue to break apart the excessive fibrous connective tissue that causes cellulite.  There is minimum #downtime and the amazing results from one treatment last at least two years, longer than any other cellulite treatment. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for these #treatment #options by consulting in-person with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze

The treatment that will most likely give you a permanent result in one treatment is Cellulaze. Cellulaze is a minimally invasive treatment that uses a laser probe inserted through tiny incisions under the skin. The laser energy is delivered to the deep surface of the skin to tighten the skin and release the bands that cause dimples. It is probably the most effective cellulite treatment on the market today. Velashape and SmoothShapes are far less predictable, usually require multiple treatments, and require maintenance treatments to maintain the result. Cellulaze results will depend on the physicians understanding and experience with the technology so be sure to see a board certified physician in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze is you pursue this option. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

VASERsmooth Best treatment for your irregular lines and dimpling

After reviewing your limited photos you submitted, I think you would be a great candidate for the VASERsmooth protocol. VASERSmooth is an ultrasound assisted "knife" which allows me to cut through the bands which are causing your lines and dimpling. I would also use some of your fat and place it in the dimples and lines to improve the contour. I can achieve a 60-80% improvement (nothing can achieve 100%). I also have been using other technologies after the surgery to further improve the result. The procedure takes about 1 hour to do both the posterior and lateral thighs and is done with some anesthesia for comfort.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD

Cellulite treatment

If you truly have cellulite, the cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

What works best

Your answer may lie in a combination of things for your best results.  Not all things that are uneven in contour or lumpy are necessarily cellulite.  You may have some areas of stubborn fat as well.  Cellulaze can address cellulite issues, liposuction or SmartLipo can be used for reducing excess fat in some areas and diet and exercise are always key to keeping the results you really want. For your most accurate answer, you would be best served by having a face to face consultation and evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience with Cellulaze as well as various liposuction/liposculpting procedures. 

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulite Treatment

It is difficult to tell what is going on from your photos.  However, if you are concerned about cellulites, then consider Cellulaze- a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite

Thank you for your question. The best treatment for cellulite is Cellulaze - a new non-invasive treatment that has seen amazing results so far.Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze to help with Cellulite

Cellulaze will fight cellulite from under the skin. The laser beam is used to cut stubborn septae, which causes dimpling and liquefy fat cells. If you have areas that will not respond to diet and exercise then you are a good candidate for Cellulaze.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

#cellulite treatment

unfortunately there is no permanent solution for Cellulite. however, it can be made significantly better. I have a surgical technique I use you can view it on my website. in my vast experience of doing cellulite surgeries its best to use a combination approach for better results.

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS