Does this work on the "jowl" area ? I don't mind my chin that much.

But I lost some weight, and since that, my jowls on the s

Treatments for Jowls vs. Kybella Treatment for Double Chin

As you age, your face automatically loses volume, and your skin starts to sag.  "Jowls" are the result of facial volume loss,  A helpful analogy may be to think of a table and a tablecloth: if you shrink the table, then the tablecloth will be too big and will hang down.  Similarly, as you lose volume in your face and there isn't as much bone/fat/collagen to hold the skin up, the skin starts to sag.  The solution to reverse jowl formation is to add more volume, which is typically done by injecting fillers into the back of the cheek area.  When performed by an experienced injector, the filler will be virtually undetectable, while the skin will be immediately lifted. Injection of fillers such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft by an experienced injector will result in an immediate lifting effect, visibly diminishing jowls at the time of treatment.
Alternatively, Kybella injection targets fat under the chin.  The main reason that Kybella is contraindicated (not allowed) for injection into the jowl area is because there is an important nerve that could be affected.  If Kybella is injected anywhere near the jowl area, there is a risk of temporary facial nerve weakness that could last over one month.  Facial nerve weakness causes the face to droop, similar to what may be observed following a stroke.  Kybella is extremely safe when injected according to protocol, under the chin ONLY. Please be sure to visit a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon when considering facial filler injections or Kybella treatment.

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella

Kybella is FDA approved for submental fat. Also, injecting it elsewhere can lead to damage to important structures. To help with jowls drooping, there are several non-invasive and invasive procedures that can be performed. Please consult a board certified surgeon to explore your options.

Jowls and Best Treatment

The Jowl area is one of the best areas to treat now with Kybella and Thermage.  With this combination of treatments you can definitely have skin tightening and amazing results. Best, Dr. Green

Kybella

Thank you for your question, sherrydevriendt. Kybella is effective on the jowl area by reducing "double chin" and improving the overall appearance of your jawline and face. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not in the jowls

Kybella in the jowls would paralyze the nerve that makes your lips go down for 6 weeks.  I don't recommend it.

My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella Jawline

Kybella can result in 10-15% reduction of fat similar to Coolshape. Younger patients usually don't need skin tightening after fat reduction as the skin shrinks enough on its own.
Liposuction typically reduces 50% of fat in one session. RF treatments like Velashape and Thermitight plus Deoxycholic Acid the main ingredient of Kybella can result in somewhat more than 15% reduction in the amount of double chin fat with three to five sessions. Most non-invasive treatments are not proven to be safe nor FDA approved for treatment of the jawline/jowls.
The most dramatic results in the neck are achieved with a laser/liposuction with Precision tx or Smartlipo; results noticeable at ten days.
Patients should do the math (all these treatments cost nearly the same) and go for what is in their best interest and most reliable. No treatments are guaranteed; legitimate physicians should not promise results. Each option has the possiblity of side effects.
Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will be most capable of advising what is best for you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Kybella: FDA approved for Submental Chin Fat Reduction

Kybella is a new injectable approved by the FDA for the treatment of moderate to severe fat under the chin; double chin. Up until now the only option for fat removal under the chin was liposuction or surgically removing the fat by cutting it out.  The treatments are intended for submental fat only at this time.

#Kybellafatreduction   #doublechinfat    #Kybellatreatsfat

Kybella | Jowls

Kybella is FDA approved for the treatment of submental fat only.  Using it off label is risky and could cause damage to other structures in the body.  There are many treatments available for the treatment of jowls.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment for jowls.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Kybella not appropriate for "jowl" area

For the time being, Kybella is only FDA approved to treat the submental region. Placing it around the region of the jowls can place you at increased risk for nerve injury. Proceed with caution if a physician is going to place it in this area.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella in jowls would be difficult

In clinical trials, Kybella could cause occasional nerve weakness that could take up to several months to recover.  To prevent the irritation of the smile nerve, Kybella is injected lower in the neck.
However, there are facial nerves that travel directly underneath the jowl.  So Kybella would be risky in the jowls.