Can I remove my scar? What is the best method and approximately how much it will cost? (Photo)

Had an incident last year. After months of visiting my surgeon i was hoping that he would help me not to have so much scaring. He recommended a new surgery to minimize the scar,i dont want to get surgery again. Is there another method that i could get to remove the scar or at least minimize it and approximately how much it would cost. I do dermarolling at home once a month,exfoliate my face twice weekly and received 2 30% chemicals peel at home and haven't noticed any difference

Multiple options

Hi Mcgenao,Sorry to hear about your incident. There are multiple treatments including microneedling, dermabrasion, scar excision, and even tattooing.It may be that excision and repair is still a reasonable option for you as the scar has widened.I'd suggest visiting a qualified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  Best of luck!

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

Lasers, microneedling/PRP, and medical tattooing do well for this type of scar.      
 Best, Dr. Emer.

Scar revision

Hello and thank you for your question. You may be a good candidate for a scar revision surgery.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD