Cost estimation for tuberous breasts correction? (Photo)

Hi, I am 19 years old and have what I believe to be a tuberous breast deformity. I have been incredibly self conscious because of it for years. I really want a procedure to get them corrected so I can feel as though they're not something I should be ashamed of. I would like to know whether an implant would be needed to help correct the shape and what the ball park range would be for a procedure of this type. Thank you!

Tuberous breast correction

Thank you for your question and photos. You do appear to have tuberous breasts as well as asymmetry that would benefit with implants to improve the upper pole fullness along with a lift. The scar for the lift may be around the nipple/areola complex alone depending on the findings during the physical exam and accurate measurements. I recommend discussing these options with your board certified plastic surgeon, who can individualize your treatment plan.

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast Deformity

The cost of this procedure varies depending from surgeon to surgeon.  You will likely need a breast augmentation with lift (circumareola). I would recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board certified Plastic Surgeon whom you feel comfortable with.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Miami Beach and Beverly Hills Trained Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Implants

You could benefit from implants and maybe a small circumareola reduction and lift. Best of luck with your surgery.

Options for Tuberous Breasts & Costs

Tubular breasts or #tuberous breast deformity are breasts with unusual shape. They may be very narrow at the base on the chest or the whole breast itself can be very narrow. There are different variations of tuberous breast deformity. Basically, it is a growth and development problem that may cause a lot of angst for young woman. A woman with #tubular breasts are often candidates for #BreastLifts.
Often #BreastLift candidates experience more satisfying results by combining a #BreastLift with #implants to restore superior fullness. In some cases, harvesting one's own fat and transfering it to their breast can be an alternative to implants for qualfying candidates. The options best for you will be discussed during your one-on-one consultation.
Your breast augmentation should be performed by a plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic #surgery/. You then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you want without the need for a revision surgery.
Which is why it is imperative you select a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast augmentation and the incision type, implant placement, and implant type. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation.
Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
Costs of a #BreastLift with and without #implants are contingent on several factors: the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate costs can be found on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Cost estimation for tuberous breasts correction?

Thank you for the question and pictures.
I think your breast photos do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with tubular (constricted) his breast. For example, the distance from the areola to inframammary folds seems to be tight and relatively short. Your inframammary folds seem to be widely spaced from the midline of your chest. The areola do demonstrate some features associated with tubular breast such as an increased width and “puffiness”.

Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.
  Patients should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.
In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern, you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery.
When you are ready, please make sure you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have significant (demonstrable) experience with this type of surgery. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon.

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes.