Candidate for corner lip / smile lift? (photos)

Am I a good candidate for the corner lip lift /smile lift? I've never been happy with the way my top lip drops off. I had a v-y procedure which made them fuller but I have droopy corners and permanent sad face. I've tried injections of perlane which I was very unhappy with. Made me look like the godfather for a few days then disappeared to nothing. Plus, I have reactions to fillers. I'd like to find a doctor in Worc/Boston, MA that has experience with the procedure. I want to look happy.

Lip lift

The lip lift is a simple and excellent surgical option that can be done under local anesthesia for improving the red to white lip ratio with or without the use of injectable fillers. The subnasal lip lift results in an increase in the vertical height of the red lip, preserves the delicate anatomy at the lip border, and improves the red to white lip ratio in a predictable fashion. In experienced hands, lip lifts heal extremely well and, if performed properly, should end up as an unnoticeable line at the base of the nose. Fillers are often inappropriately used in isolation to increase the vertical height of the red lip, and may result in the now often seen ‘‘duck lip.’’ Fillers can be used to help lift the downturned corners of the mouth but this is a temporary solution. A more direct and long lasting solution is a corner of the mouth lift. Both the corner of the mouth lift and the lip lift are simple and excellent surgical options that can be done under local anesthesia. In order to determine if this procedure is best for you, a proper physical exam is necessary by a board certified facial plastic surgeon

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smile surgery

Based on your photos I believe that smile surgery which will lift corners of your mouth will be good solution in your case. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in these procedures to discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Lateral Lip Lift

The correct treatment for a thin vermilion at the side of the lip is a lateral vermilion advancement. This will bring up the pink part of the lip to be more proportionate to the central part of the lip. You do not appear to need a true corner of the mouth lift since your mouth corners are horizontally level.