Asian nose tip reduction (Photo)

I have a bulbous nose and want to reduce the size of my nose tip and maybe change its shape. I don't wanna change anything of the nose bridge or the height of my nose tip though. What kind of operation would you recommend? Do I just need to cut some fat off the tip, or do I need to put anything inside my nose? How much would that cost? Also, I know the total heal takes a whole year, but how long would it take for me to just look "normal", namely, not sallow or look like I've just been beaten?

Rhinoplasty/tipplasty

Thank you for the photos and question and at a consultation aided by digital photography and your input, you will become totally informed what changes can be done to your nose..So see some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Asian rhinoplasty for achieving tip reduction and refinement

Based on your photos, it will be possible to achieve significant refinement to the tip of your nose using grafts fashioned from cartilage inside your nose (septum) and possibly one of your ears.  Simply "cutting fat" from the tip of the nose will not provide the structure and support your nose needs to show definition through your skin.  Sometimes removing tip cartilage alone in an attempt to refine the nose will cause the nose to appear more bulbous, due to the lack of support.  

Most patients will take 10-14 days off of work or school.  After 4-6 weeks enough swelling will have resolved for your nose to start looking smaller and refined than it does now, and the majority of swelling will resolve in 3-6 months.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian Nose

Of course no surgeon can tell you exactly what will be done without an examination.  That said, probably some fat removal and some suturing of the tip cartilages to narrow the tip.  Also, you might need a cartilage graft to the tip to give it more definition. The tip retains fluid for 6 mos or so, but you should look reasonable in 2 mos.  No one will notice it anyway....an interesting fact.  I have attached a link for your review.  The patient had some augmentation to her nose also, but look specifically at her tip.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian tip-plasty

There are several techniques used to improve the tip in Asian rhinoplasty. You would benefit from an in person evaluation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon with expertise in Asian rhinoplasty.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip refinement

I think that you likely would have improvement in the nasal tip by reducing its bulbosity. Best of luck.

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty

Hi,

The tip should be de-fatted and cartilage grafting performed to the tip to give more structure. The cartilage is typically taken from the septum. It takes about 7 days for immediate post-op recovery.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Tip plasty in an Asian nose

It is possible to get tip plasty and Asian nose without changing the remaining nose.  In case with large cartilages in the nasal tip such as your case as seen in the photograph the results are very good.  Reducing the cartilages gives definition to the nasal tip without affecting the rest of the nose and its profile.  Majority of the swelling should be gone within 1 month.  Recovery is very fast and you should be able to get back to school or work within 1 week.This can also be done under local anesthesia without the need for general anesthesia.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD