Nasal valve collapse? (Photos)

Recently i noticed a change in the feeling of my nose, as if it had shrunken in size. Soon after i noticed i was having trouble breathing through ny right nostril, and was shocked when i looked in the mirror, because the side if my nose had collapsed! It has gotten progressively worde and now both sides are caving in even upon normal respiration. I have never had a rhinoplasty so i am absolutely willing to go under the knife if necessary. Any suggestions? Please help!! Im only 18!!

Nasal valve collapse

I would recommend seeking out an evaluation with a facial plastic surgeon to determine if this is an isolated nasal valve issue or more likely, associated with a deviated septum. Surgical treatment would depend on the exact structural areas that are causing the issue (i.e. Septoplasty alone vs Septoplasty + nasal valve correction). Good luck! 

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, you may benefit from an alar batten graft.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Right Nasal collapse

please schedule a consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon who can examine you and determine the appropriate management for your concerns. It is likely that you have a deviated septum to your right and may need surgical treatment of the nasal valve. Good luck