Can I lower my outer upper eyelid corner?

My eyelid is raised on the outer corner of my eyes, and it is more narrow in the inner corners. Its depressing me a lot and i'd like to know if there's any procedure that could lower my outer lid and make my eyes look more balanced or slightly down slanted. I prefer not to put up any images to protect my privacy.

Doctor Answers 2

Surgery to lower the corners of your eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

To address the corners or "lateral canthus" of your eyes, a surgery can be performed to reposition the tendon that gives this area its shape and structure.  This surgery is called a lateral canthoplasty.This is a technical surgery that requires good surgical training and experience to perform.I recommend you visit an oculoplastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who specializes in this type of surgery.  An in-person consultation and full physical examination is needed to determine if you are a good candidate for this type of surgery.Best of luck.

Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral canthoplasty to lower the canthus

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes that can be done but best to submit photo or better yet get consultation with an oculoplastic specialist for more personal response. You can do Skype consult too.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 91 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.