I am 72. Would fractal laser resurfacing work for me?

Laser Resurfacing At Any Age

Laser resurfacing is a great option for anyone, at any age. Laser skin resurfacing has been called the anti-aging breakthrough of the 21st Century. The term fractional CO2 laser resurfacing actually refers to two different types of laser skin resurfacing procedures, ablative and non-ablative. Both treatments are highly effective anti-aging procedures, and they can be used to correct mild to severe skin problems ranging from dark spots to deep wrinkles. Using the latest laser technologies and applications, ablative and non-ablative skin resurfacing can deliver dramatic results. 

Laser Resurfacing At Any Age

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Will fractional laser work in a 72 year ole

Fractional laser resurfacing is quite effective in reducing wrinkles, pigmentation irregularities and superficial capillaries.  It usually heals in 5-6 days though final results often take up to 3-4 months.  Although results are more dramatic in younger patients it still is quite effective at your age.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Lasers for me?

Hey baby gal and thanks for your question!

They surely would work for you! The question is are you ok with the downtime and the recovery associated with  the laser treatment? 

If you don't mind a bit of a recovery with some redness and peeling- surely it could help you significantly. 

On my patients in their 70s, If the patient is healthy, I will often combine the laser with other procedures, (facelift and mid face implants)

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Lasers for me?

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care; Vascular Lasers For Veins

Fractional lasers work for everyone it just depends on what you are trying to treat and what outcome you are looking for. You will need a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser

You would have to be seen in person to determine if fraxel laser is right for you. Best of luck.........

Laser

Fractional laser resurfacing-age limits?

Lasers are nothing more than heat instruments which are precisely controlled and for a specific purpose. Generally speaking people with thin, fine, skin are more responsive than those with thickened, oily skin, and certain parts of the body are more responsive than others. The other factors are the person doing the treatment and the instruments used. You should seek treatment from someone who has extensive experience and knowledge along with the ability to apply other techniques and technology. This is usually not found in the spa and may require going to a plastic surgeon or dermatologist. The answer to your question is that yes 72-year-old patients can benefit from fractional laser treatment.

72 year old and laser resurfacing

Thank you for your question. Laser resurfacing is great for people of all ages. Depending on what you're trying to treat there are several different laser options. Fractora is a radio-frequency based treatment that yields results similar to that of a CO2 laser without the downtime. It helps with fine lines, wrinkles, laxity, texture and tone! I recommend consulting with an experienced laser technician to see which laser would be best for you. For more information please feel free to look at our website!

72 year old and laser resurfacing

Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is a safe an effective procedure (even for patients in their seventies) and is commonly used to treat lines, wrinkles, roughened texture, brown spots, an uneven skin tones. 

An in-office evaluation is needed to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure and to discuss the type and level of Fractional CO2 laser treatment that would be best for you and your skin type.

The attached link provides more information regarding what to look for when choosing your your Fractional laser treatment.

I hope this helps

Timothy R. Miller, MD

I hope this helps

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Fractional laser resurfacing

Thank you for sharing your question. Laser skin resurfacing in general is excellent for improving skin texture, color and fine lines. There are several types of lasers on the market. See an experienced laser specialist to determine the best modality to improve your particular problems.  

Good luck,

Fractional laser resurfacing

Good luck,

Fractional laser for a 72 year old.

In general fractional CO2 or Erbium laser treatments will improve skin tone, texture, and color, and improve fine wrinkling and brown spots. It also depends on the energy and density of the laser settings and your acceptance of downtime. Consult a specialist for a complete evaluation to be sure you are a good candidate!

Fractional laser for a 72 year old.