To lift or not to lift? And Houston/Woodlands PS recommendations? (Photo)

2 questions! #1. Any experience with being told you need a lift but opting to just do a BA? Really wanting to avoid a lift if possible ... And I don't necessarily care if my nips are not dead center. Super conservative on volume (planning on sub muscular silicone) #2 Houston/ Woodlands PS recommendations? Consult w Dr. Kim so far, one scheduled w/ Dr. Ciarvino.

Lift - Yes or No

Thanks for your question and pictures.  It appears based on pictures alone that you are going to need a lift to have a good aesthetic result.  There are patients hoping they can select a larger implant that will make up for the space but honestly will leave you with a still sagging breast and large implant.  Make sure to work with a board certified plastic surgeon whom you feel comfortable discussing your concerns regarding lift with.  Be it scarring, price, or recovery time, this is something that should be talked about in detail with your surgeon.
Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

To lift or not to lift?

Dear KarenTulip:
Thank you for posting your photo.  Although a formal physical exam is required to give you any meaningful advice, based on your photo alone, it appears you do have grade II ptosis (notable sagging).  In addition, you photo suggests you may have some mild tuberosity to your breasts (mild conical shape).  To improve the overall shape of your breasts and address your ptosis/sagging, a lift would be recommended with your augmentation procedure.   You can still have the freedom to opt for a conservative implant size.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.  Best wishes,
Dr. BasuHouston, TX

To lift or not to lift

Thanks for your photo and questions.  If you undergo a lift alone, you will likely have a good breast shape with an adequate amount of volume.  That being said, if you are interested in upper pole fullness, you would need an implant in addition to the aforementioned lift.  I wish you best of luck.

To lift or not to lift

I would like to see profile views of the breasts. However, based on the picture that you have posted, you will definitely need a lift. The reason for this is that , if only implants were placed, then the breast would cascade over the implant. This would result in a very unattractive looking breast.  Having said that, the only way to be absolutely sure is to be seen in person and take certain measurements of the breast.  
Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

If you like their appearance but want larger, then just have an augmentation

Your breasts are sagging and appear to be what is called a tuberous breast. Those breasts have a narrow base and large areola. By scoring the underside of the breasts tissue to widen the base and then place in implant behind it, may give you some lifting. It's not the ideal recommendation, but the surgeon and the patient have to work as a team. The surgeon, and both Dr. Kim and Dr.Ciaravino are well respected, will explain your options to help you make the choice that works for you.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

I would recommend a lift with an implant.  Look at it this way.  All you are doing is putting a "new base" (implant)  underneath and existing cone or pyramid (breast).  If the breast and nipples are falling below the bra line (a slanted cone) then the end result usually looks like the current breast falling off the new base.  Breast implant alone in my experience do not lift the nipple region back above the bra line.

R. McIntyre Bridges, MD
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Lift or not

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you need lift and implants in order to give a optimal results.

To lift or not to lift?

Hi KarenThe lift will add new lines on your breast that can detract. There are a number of reasons you may want to avoid the lift added to the augmentation. Please read the link below with some more suggestions for you to consider.

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon