Noise in my breast 2 weeks post-op: normal? How to get rid of it?

I am 2 weeks post-op, recovering very well. I started massage and on the fourth day noticed a strange sound when I was lifting my left arm up: as if fluid got trapped right under where my armpit muscle connects to the chest muscle. When I massage this area I feel there is fluid floating from under my armpit in that area I just described. I heard noises are normal and in fact had some crackling noises myself at first. But the sensation of fluid alarms me. Would massage help get rid of it?

Noise in breast?

It is not uncommon in the early post operative phase to hear a sloshing sound. Air introduced in the time of surgery as well as tissue fluid allow for this noise to be produced. Usually, over the first few weeks as the air and water are reabsorbed this noise will dissipate. Following up with your plastic surgeon is recommended. Congratulations on your surgery.

Noise

During the augmentation, some air may become trapped and take a while to absorb. Some women do hear some strange noises initially, but it does go away. However, if you think you are feeling fluid, please see your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Sounds after Breast Augmentation

Thanks for your question!
Occasionally after a breast augmentation, it is possible to hear crackling or popping sounds. However, if this persists past 2-3 weeks, I would schedule an emergency appointment with your surgeon. There is a chance some air was caught in the pocket in which the implant was inserted. If what you feel is fluid, it could be the beginning signs of an infection. Either way, these symptoms are not considered normal in the recovery period and should be addressed with your surgeon.
I would schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor to ensure safety and optimal results! 

Best of luck

Noise

Thank you for your question. It is very normal to hear some noise for about 1 month post breast augmentation surgery. However, you should not feel fluid. I would recommend you follow up with your PS. Best of luck