I'm a 19 year old male and I have noticed there is thinning on one side of my scalp. What can this be? Is it hair loss? (Photos)

I have one picture showing the right side the thinning side of my hair and another picture with the other side of the scalp showing no thinning. The lighting makes it appear like two different people but it is the same person.

Thinning on one side of my scalp

No I dont think so that you have  AGA.. İt is just getting mature hair line for an adult . Dont forget that No one has same or symmetric frontal hair line as your's

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Thinning on one side of the head, is it hair loss?

oneyday13,Thinning is hair loss. Hair loss does not have to be symmetrical. Occasionally, it appears different on one side than the other  because of different direction of growth and exit angles. Also, the part side always appears thinner because it is exposed on two sides , the thinning making the part width appear wider. An in person evaluation is always best to closely examine and delineate the best treatment options.Sincerely, 

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thinning hair sometimes asymmetric

There are a few things that can be done if you are noticing thinning of hair.  Thinning of hair is not always a symmetrical process.  As you get older the hairline does change from a juvenile hairline to a more mature hairline. None-the-less, you should have an in person exam to evaluate if you have the beginnings of miniaturization in the front and throughout your scalp. If so, you should be started on finasteride which will slow the process down.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thinning on the right side of my head

There is no substitute for a good examination. at 19, all forms of genetic and non-genetic hair loss come to mind. When you come to our Los Angeles, office, we will examine you with an instrument called HAIRCHECK which will determine if there is any loss elsewhere on your head. A good miniaturization analysis needs to be done also.Pay me a visit as you are not far from our office, 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

Please see an expert for an evaluation.  Hair loss can be treated with a number of treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.