Do I need to be overweight to get a bbl? (Photo)

I am 32 years old. I have 3 children. I am currently 3 weeks postpartum. I weighed 240lbs before giving birth. I am now 215lbs only 3 weeks after having my baby. My pre-pregnancy weight was 184 lbs. Im 5'9. I don't really want to weight too much less than 184 after my procedure because I don't want to look skinny.. I can definitely lose the rest of my weight because I love to workout. My concern is losing the weight and tben possibly have to gain some back for the bbl surgery.

Best procedures for you, some advice:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.In this regard, i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Weight and BBL...

If you are planning on BBL surgery, then maintaining some expendable fat is a good idea. See an experienced plastic surgeon to determine if your fat level is good for BBL. Then after surgery, you can get back down to your ideal weight.

Do I need to be overweight to get a bbl?

It is best to wait until you are at your goal weight. From your photos you will likely need a tummy tuck to deal with abdominal muscle separation post pregnancy. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

It might be best to get to your goal weight first and then assess for a BBL. You will likely need a tummy tuck as well.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon