Had one vial of Juvederm to cheeks and nasolabial folds, still looks like I had nothing done. (Photo)

Would I need more filler or am I stuck looking like this, had fillers b4 and now again, and cant get rid of this shadow and lines. What should I do?

Voluma for face

Voluma and Juvederm are excellent products but you definitely need more product to have a meaningful result. Please consult an expert in cosmetic fillers. Best, Dr. Green

Eliminate Shadows and Lines With Filler

Fillers will not completely eliminate shadows and lines. It would make you look unnatural. That appearance is usually gained with airbrushing and lighting techniques in photos and is not possible in life as our faces are always moving when we talk and light is hitting our faces at different angles. Also, one vial over all those areas is likely not enough. The cheeks alone in some people can need 1 1-mL syringe per cheek and 1 1-mL per nasolabial fold depending on how volume-depleted you are in these areas.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Had one vial of Juvederm to cheeks and nasolabial folds, still looks like I had nothing done.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Unfortunately I think a single syringe spread over all four areas is not enough filler to make a meaningful change.  It appears that you would benefit from at least a syringe to each cheek and perhaps a half to a full syringe along each smile line, depending on the degree of correction you are after.  Hope this helps.

Need more Juvederm

1 syringe is definitely not enough to treat both the cheeks and laugh lines.  To put things in perspective, each syringe of Juvederm contains 1 ml of product.  If you have 5 syringes that is equivalent to 5 ml.  That is equal to one teaspoon.  While most people do not require 5 syringes my average client receives 2 to 3 syringes of filler for optimal correction and sometimes they may require a few more in a couple of month. 

In terms of aging, in my opinion laugh lines are more of a symptom of aging rather than a cause of it.  This occurs through the natural aging process where there is loss of volume in the mid face leading to a downward and forward decline of the soft tissue creating deeper laugh lines. Prior to filling anything in the laugh lines I will ensure there is adequate mid face volume and often times I start by placing 1 to 2 syringes in the cheeks alone. This can cause a more youthful look by augmenting the mid face and creating a lift naturally softening the laugh lines.

It is important to see an experience injection to properly an analyze the face and understand the changes that occur as we age

All the best

Dr SOni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Juvederm for cheeks and nasolabial folds

Not sure if you had Juvederm Voluma or other Juvederm product. On average it takes 2.0 ml of Voluma to make a difference in the midface - maxillary area and/or pyriform area - and then the lighter/thinner product in the perioral area. It is not possible or advisable to try to eliminate all shadows and lines as this would create an unnatural appearance. Recommend a followup visit to your doctor to give you an opinion and advice. 

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm injection for cheeks and nasolabial folds - more filler required

1 syringe of Juvederm for both the cheeks and nasolabial folds is almost certainly not enough and that is why you are not seeing the result you expect. I would recommend and in person consultation with an experienced injector. Before injection, ask how much product he/she thinks you will require for the correction you desire. 

Hello Help me plzzz,

If you had one syringe spread over both cheeks and both nasolabial folds, it is expected there would not be much change.  To have all of those areas treated usually takes more than that.  I'd recommend you follow up wiht your injector to receive another syringe.  Depending on how much volume loss you have, it can sometimes take more filler.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm did nothing for my cheeks

Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid that can take a few months to a couple of years to resolve. It can be removed with hyaluronidase in the clinic. Facial fat grafting would be an alternative for you. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm filler

One syringe of Juvederm is not enough to give the proper correction for you.  A cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon can assess your entire face and suggest the type and amount of Juvederm you would require for a pleasing result.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Fillers

Fillers are predominantly temporary. Most last from 4-9 months. Some of them last longer than others (Sculptra). You might discuss this with your provider.  Also, you need to be very clear with your provider which lines and shadows are bothering you. Some respond to fillers better than others. Finally, There are different types of juvederm and some may be better than others depending on your evaluation.