Volume is a good solution, as you have tried. Facelift typically helps the neck and the jawline. Mid-face lift may help the specific problem you are describing. You should go see a trusted surgeon and get their opinion.
Without photos or an exam the best opinion is difficult. However see the below links will detail many options that will probably apply to you. Good luck.
Fixing a double chin
Usually a double chin is not a problem of volume which is why you are not seeing results with fillers. Neck rejuvenation is likely what you need as there are ligamentous attachments to your bone that need to be released to redrape your skin after skin tightening (not filing). Schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon who has experience in facial rejuvenation.
Surgeons can be qualified for a variety of reasons,
- Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgeons
- not ..... Board of Cosmetic surgeons
- member of ASAPS
- years of experience
- referral from a friend who is happy
Without a photo and in person exam, it is impossible to give you an accurate recommendation. However, given the fact that fillers are no longer doing it for you, it sounds as if it is time to take it up a notch. I would advise you to schedule a facelift consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options. Best, Dr. Nazarian
I have a double line on each side of my cheeks and in some lighting it looks really bad. Any suggestions?
Thank you for your question. A photo or in person consultation would help to discuss the best possible treatment. A mini facelift may be in order... Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss options.
All the best,
If you lost significant volume in your face to get the most natural results you will need some fill with either traditional fillers, fat grafting or other volumizers. This will help prevent recurrence of the lines. For the skin, I would argue that an aggressive CO2 laser treatment will help erase the deep lines in your cheeks. Doing one alone is not nearly as effective as doing both in conjunction. A deep chemical peel can also improve the appearance of the skin but should be limited to people with very light skin coloration as bleaching of the skin will occur.
Post a picture for a legitimate opinion.
From your description I'm not really sure what the problem is. 37 is a bit young for a facelift of any kind but not necessarily out of the question. It would be very useful if you would post a photograph.
Facial lines after weight loss
Thank you for asking about your facial lines.
- Without a photo, suggestions are only general ones but this may help.
- After weight loss, you have loose skin and lose fat which gives the face volume.
- Fillers are no the answer - too much is needed and results don't last. It's not affordable when a lot is needed.
- Probably the best treatment is not a face lift but a cheek or mid-face implant.
- These soft, solid silicone implants give you the permanent fill that office fillers don't.
- If your skin is loose, it can be tightened with a mini-face lift.
- But the cheek lines are usually volume loss below the cheek - that only fillers can restore.
- A mid-face lift is another option but does not tighten skin and does not provide volume so it is less likely to be the right approach for you.
- Be sure to see a plastic surgeon who does facial implants.
Always see a Board
Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
A mini lift may be the right procedure for you, as filling sometimes results in fullness in areas that may make your face look odd. Usually a combination of lifting with fat grafting works the best. Photos would help understand your particular situation. Best wishes!
I have a double line on each sides of my cheeks and in some lighting it looks really bad. Any suggestions?
It is difficult to help you without photos of the problem that you are concern in order to evaluate the problem correctly. It is true that as we age we all loose volume of our faces and this could be a contributor of your concern. Please post pictures and consult with a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.
Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz