What is the cost for clitoral hood reduction only? I'd it done at the doctors office?

Clitoral hood reduction is rarely done alone. In my practice, I do isolated clitoral hood reductions if the patient had a labiaplasty someplace else and her surgeon did not recognize or was not familiar with the anatomy and left things "half done". This is a procedure I do under local anesthesia only with some oral anxiolytic with or without a labiaplasty. Our fees for a clitoral hood reduction are $2,900 all inclusive. If it is combined with a labiaplasty, the fee is half. See a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist who has experience in these types of female cosmetic genital surgeries. The choice of surgeon should be the top selection criteria and not the price. A poorly done surgery in this area, can be difficult or impossible to fix. Good luck.

Clitoral Hood Reduction

Typically this procedure is done in conjunction with other vaginal surgeries, but on its own, we charge $1500 plus anesthesia and operating room costs. It is best to get a couple of consults to make sure you're getting the procedure that will be the most fitting for you from a board certified surgeon.  Good luck!

Lori Warren, MD
Louisville Urogynecologist

Clitoral hood reduction

Thank you for sharing your question and concerns. A clitoral hood reduction would help you decrease the amount of skin overhanging the clitoris. It can be done under local anesthesia in the office and can be combined with a labiaplasty or as a standalone procedure. Our fees range from $3000 -$4000 depending on the level of sedation in the office based setting.  I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options in more detail.

In my office, the cost would typically be $2500 if done alone, less done in combination with labiaplasty. Be careful...shop the doctor, not the price. Someone is always willing to do it cheaper, but you might get what you paid for.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

What is the cost for clitoral hood reduction only?

Thank you for your question.  I usually do a clitoral hood reduction at the same time as a labiaplasty but it can certainly be done alone.  I perform the surgery in our office OR.  It can be done under local or local with IV sedation.  Total cost is $2500 - $3000 depending if you want IV sedation or not.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Clitoral Hood Reduction

Clitoral Hood Reduction goes for $3,500 which is an all inclusive surgery. It includes Annesthesia, Surgery, Office here and no additional fees. Basically done for a packaged price. To follow up with your second question, Yes, we do in fact do the procedure here in office. 

Clitoral hood reduction.

The clitoral hood is the skin above the labia minora and the skin that overlies the head of the clitoris. The type of hood reduction depends on the patients anatomy and desires. I routinely remove the sides of the clitoral hood with a labia minora reduction if there is excess tissue. If the skin overlies the head or glans of the clitoris, that can be reduced. If the patient has a very large, protuberant, long, wide clitoral hood, I invented a procedure called a clitoropexy with a clitoral hood reduction. With this procedure, I lift up the clitoral hood skin, move the clitoris closer to the pubic bone, thin the tissues under the clitoral hood skin, and then remove a large amount of excess skin. This results in a dramatic decrease in the length, thickness, and protuberance of the clitoral hood, so that the hood is now within the labia majora when the woman stands. I have performed this procedure over 200 times with outstanding results.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Clitoral Hood Reduction Cost

The price for only a clitoral hood reduction can vary by doctor/location.  It is usually performed in conjunction with a labia minoraplasty, however I do perform them solo in my office for a variety of reasons. These reasons can include a patient having had labiaplasty elsewhere with a surgeon who did not perform the Clitoral Hood Reduction or for a patient who desires to increase the sensitivity of her clitoris in order to achieve orgasm.  The cost at my office is $2300 for only a clitoral hood reduction performed in office.
~Dr. Poucher

Clitoral Hood Reduction

This type of procedure is typically performed alongside a labiaplasty, however, we do perform these on a solo basis if a prior labiaplasty was performed or as per the patients request.
The procedure is relatively quick and performed in our office procedure room.  The cost of the procedure including anesthesia ( local ) and office visits is 2500.00.
Best of luck!!

Clitoral Hood Reduction Pricing

The clitoris is so full of nerve endings that you want to ensure a consistent and safe environment to prevent exacerbating risks involved in surgery such as nerve damage. For this reason, performing a clitoral hood reduction in an operating room or ambulatory surgery center or even in-office surgical suite is recommended. You should have the choice between the use of IV sedation or general anesthesia.

Any surgeon that you go to should be able to provide you with a complete cost of elective surgery. It should include facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon's fee and pre- and post-operative appointments. Pricing will vary based on the surgery itself, choice of anesthesia, expertise of the surgeon, demand for their services, practice protocols and financing options (if available). In addition the complexity of the case and length of the procedure itself will also impact the fee. 

The complete cost of clitoral hood reduction in a private surgical suite ranges between $3,000 and $5,000 as an all inclusive fee and is dependent upon medical history and a physical exam. Remember to choose a surgeon who has endless before and after photos and gives you the opportunity to speak with previous patients. You do get what you pay for with cosmetic surgeries. Dr. Marosan was correct - the choice of a surgeon should be your top priority, regardless of price. Cheers!