My nose tip is dropping? (Photos)

I had a rhinoplasty more than 2 years ago After three days of my operation i has a skin necrosis in the tip of my nose , so the dr removed the tape from my nose after only three days of the operation. Now i notice that my nose tip is dropping I was wondering is this dropping because he removed the tape too early?

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

I doubt that the tape removal had anything to do with your tip
position.  Tip position is related to the maneuvers in the OR used to
elevate it, and how you healed.

yaass, interesting screen name but to your point your photos due not provide the necessary information to do more than guess but I would say that you have a bit of a pseudo- polly beak with a slight hanging infratip and you are R sided dominant. Really you just need to see an experienced facial specialist and get an opinion. I would not worry to much about the previous problem you had with skin necrosis; I've been doing nothing but faces for over 25 years and perform 2-3 noses a week and I've never had this problem, so I would not expect it to recur. Really, it looks to me like a relatively easy revision. Good luck and see video!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip drooping

The more likely reason that the nasal tip starts to droop is because of lack of support. The skin necrosis probably didn't help. If it is bothering you then you should return for a reevaluation or seek a second opinion. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Tip after Primary Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your post. In your situation where your nasal tip skin was stressed, removing the tip tape early was the correct approach. It is unlikely that removing your tape early caused you to experience loss of tip support after 2 years. Based on your photos, there are other important factors contributing to your current nasal appearance. An evaluation by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist may help understand what exactly is going on with your nose and perhaps lead to recommendations for a revision rhinoplasty if you are interested in further improvement. Hope this answer helps. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon