Drooping nose tip (Photo)

I had a rhinoplasty more than 2 years ago After three days of my operation i has a skin necrosis in the tip of my nose , so the dr removed the tape from my nose after only three days of the operation. i notice that my nose tip is dropped I was wondering is this dropping because he removed the tape too early?

Post-Op taping

Generally taping after the procedure is to help with swelling and as a barrier between the skin and the external splint.  Reliable, long-term tip support is only achieved with cartilage grafting and other intraoperative techniques.  It is difficult to say without preoperative and immediate post operative pictures how much ptosis of the tip you are experiencing, but I do not think early removal of the tape would have significantly affected this.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drooping tip after rhinoplasty

The tape that is placed around the nose after rhinoplasty is only there to prevent swelling.  A drooping tip is due to a loss of tip support and can only be corrected with injectable filler or surgery.

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tape removal?

I doubt that the tape removal had anything to do with your tip position.  Tip position is related to the maneuvers in the OR used to elevate it, and how you healed.