I am a self employed massage therapist. How long will it take for me to get back to work if I decide on a full body lift?
Doctor Answers 4
Full body lift - recovery time
- The usual surgical recovery after a major body lift is 4 - 6 weeks.
- Upper body lift recovery tends to be faster than the lower body lift.
- I truly think you need a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does bariatric (post weight loss) surgery.
- Most surgeons have financing options - and since the excess skin interferes with your work, the surgery costs should also be tax deductible - so don't despair!
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
A body lift is major surgery. Your recovery will depend somewhat on whether you have a muscle repair. The usual recovery time for an occupation such as yours would be 6 weeks.
If you were to have an arm lift then you would need time off until your wounds are completely healed - this would be around 3 weeks.
All the best
You might also like...
Best wishes and good luck.
Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.