I like my nose but not the way to looks from the sides. I have a bump on the bridge of my nose and I'm not happy with it (photo)

My question is.. Would the cost of the surgery be the same as every other Rhinoplasty or less? How much would it be? And is it possible to do the surgery and make monthly payments after?

I like my nose, but not the way it looks from the sides. I have a bump on the bridge of my nose.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A closed  rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump with all the placed on the inside of the nose. The cost of a rhinoplasty procedure is directly related  to surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee and operating room fee. It's possible to make all payments first, and then have the surgery.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for sharing your picture with us

You will benefit from a rhinoplasty that include the dorsum hump reduction and possible the tip. It is hard to offer you a full picture without looking at the frontal picture. 

The cost varies. My charges are 6500 canadian. there is no monthly fee

good luck

Gaby D. Doumit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Opinions of nose

While you see mostly the bump, your tip is also an issue as it is being help up by the bump. If you just lower the bump without doing anything to the tip you will probably not be happy. The tip will continue to lose support and projection. Go get a good exam and live consultation from a good rhinoplasty surgeon who will be able to explain. Costs and payment options vary from different regions. Good luck.

Upstate Rhinoplasty

A surgical rhinoplasty is a powerful procedure that adds, removes, or re-positions tissue in the nose for better aesthetics - often completely reshaping the nose. This often involves removing dorsal humps, lifting drooping tips, and narrowing the nose. 

Based on your pictures and complaints, your nose is a typical nose that presents for rhinoplasty. It would benefit from a hump reduction and tip refinement. 

The cost is variable based on what is done and geographic variability. Many of our patients travel from western NY and Canada to the Albany / Saratoga Springs area to avoid the high costs of surgery in the city. A rhinoplasty averages $6500-$7500 all inclusive of surgeon fee, anesthesia costs, and facility fees.

For more info on rhinoplasty, see the link below.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical option and provide you a custom quote for your situation. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Rhinoplasty cost

Rhinoplasty costs in Ontario and the GTA can vary widely ($4000-15000) depending on city and surgeon. Paying more does not equal better surgery. Surgeon training and experience matters most.  When doing your research make sure you ask your surgeon what the total cost will be and not just the surgeon's fee (facility, anesthesia, AND surgeon's fee). If there is any obstructed breathing component to your concern, then OHIP pays a portion of the surgery in terms of the anesthetic and facility fee and this can bring the price down for you rather than a purely cosmetic procedure. In Ontario you are looking for a facial plastic surgeon (Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery with American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery training) or a general plastic surgeon (Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada in Plastic Surgery with fellowship training in cosmetic nasal surgery). All the best,

Dr. Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

The fee will vary by the complexity of the surgery.  Each surgeon's fees are different so you might want to check with the surgeon that you choose. Good luck!

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a dorsal hump reduction.  Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I believe you may benefit from a hump reduction. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. In regards to cost, it varies based on surgeon and location. I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost for a rhinoplasty is between $7,000-$8,000. Most practices will offer some type of payment plan such as Care Credit where you can make monthly payments to them. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for sending images. It does appear from your picture that you could benefit from rhinoplasty. It is impossible to give an exact diagnosis, plan and quote without seeing someone in consultation. That said, costs vary widely depending on the surgeon, how much work needs to be done and location. In general, rhinoplasty varies from $6000 to $10,000 including OR and anesthesia, but for some surgeons in large metro areas may range up to $20,000. Financing depends on the surgeon.

Hope that helps- I would recommend consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who regularly performs rhinoplasty procedures.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon