What process do I need completed to fix my profile? (Photo)

I know have a recessed chin with a weak jawline, can I get a chin augmentation along with a jaw implant? Is there anything else I can do to help?

Chin Implant candidate

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

Chin implant

Hello! A chin implant would greatly improve your profile if your bite is normal. If you need orthognathic surgery to re-align your jaw and improve your bite, do that first, you would likely still benefit from a chin implant after. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant candidatef or profile improvement

A chin implant can certainly improve the weak and recessive chin profile. Chin implants are manufactured and a large array of sizes and shapes, and can be custom carved when necessary to meet patient's unique anatomy. Chin implants are usually placed through submental incision  under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.  For many examples of chin implants, please see the link and the video below. If the teeth fit together very poorly, consider a sliding genioplasty performed by oral surgeon in a hospital setting.

You need chin implant to balance your profile

Chin augmentation with a chin implant is a good choice for you.   It will improve your profile balance.

Vasdev Rai, MD

If your bite is normal, then a good sized chin implant will make a great improvement.  If the bite is off and the jaw small then you need a maxillofacial surgeon to consult with.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Jaw surgery

You would need braces to push your upper lip forward to a normal angle. Then have lower jaw advancement to achieve a  strong profile 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

What process do I need completed to fix my profile?

Hi, I have performed many chin augmentations, with chin impalnts, over the past 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is very weak creating an imbalance that makes the nose appear larger, the lower face short and the mid face appear top heavy.  Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found placing a silastic chin implant through a small, curved, incisions under the chin to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty that requires bone cuts with placement of screws and metal plates.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, male faces look ruggedly handsome when there is angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  In addition to chin augmentation, cheek augmentation with either a dermal filler or cheek implants (for a permanent enhancement) will add angularity to the cheeks.  Mandibular angle augmentation with a dermal filler (jaw implants IMHO have too many unwanted side effects) will add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Fix my profile

Thank you for your picture.  In my opinion, I would recommend that you get an orthognathic surgery consult from an oral surgeon and an orthodontist.  You would maximally benefit from jaw surgery and braces. Best wishes