22 years old, excess skin on neck due too 54 lbs weight loss what can I do? (photos)

Hello I lost a lot amount of weight in a short amount of time I'm now 120lbs I don't have access skin anyway else thank goodness apart from on my neck it is leaving me very conscious and I hate it what my options both surgical and nonsurgical please !! Xx

Wrinkles not true excess

You have damaged your skin but the wrinkles can be camouflaged with injections of fillers which could be hyaluronidase products or fat.  

Providence Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. With your age and sudden weight loss, time may provide you additional elasticity and reduce the amount of sagging skin. For that reason, I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon as you will benefit from the in-person examination. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excess Skin on Neck due to Weight Lose

Thank you for your question and pictures. Congratulation on your weight loss! You definitely do not have enough lax skin to require a surgical procedure, also your skin should tighten due to good elasticity in younger skin.  I would recommend your have a consultation with a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve with non surgical methods.

All The Best 

22 yrs old - is it an age of necklift?

Hello; I have performed a good number of post-bariatric surgery upto now and can say that in young people, there needs to be a long waiting period before considering any aesthetic surgery due to sagging deformities just after the excessive weight loss.

You are too young and your metabolism most probably help your skin rejuvenation in time. I advise you to be patient and see the progress in time. After 2 years of having the same laxity in your neck, you can think about non-surgical carbondioxide laser skin tightenning options which may help so well and/or combining it with a laser lipo under your chin going through neck which might tighten it as well. However this is not an option for today. I personally wait in your age to see how your body rejuvenates and you say, there is no other sagging area which is the answer of this. Just be patient.

Keep up with your diet :)

Dr. Turker Ozyigit

22 years old, excess skin on neck due too 54 lbs weight loss what can I do?

Thank you for your question.  You do not have enough skin to require surgery.  Please do not even think about a neck lift.  Your young and your skin should continue to retract and tighten.  I would recommend doing nothing.  However if you must do something and consider nonsurgical skin tightening with Ulthera.

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  You do not have anywhere near enough excess skin, under the chin, to warrant a Neck Lift.  The small amount of excess skin there can be removed using the same incision for chin implant placement.

Hope this helps.

Xcess skin on neck due too 54 lbs weight loss what can I do? = submittal liposuction could be an option

Weight loss could make the neck skin to sag, specially in old patients in the 40s, 50s and 60s. In young patients (eg. in the 20s) the skin tend to sag minimally due to good skin elasticity of the young skin. In some cases "saggy skin" is misunderstood with "excess of submittal fat" that most of the time could be improved with liposuction. 

Young patients interested in neck improvement   should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the neck

John Mesa, MD