Can my retainer be re-used as a mold?

So I broke my retainers a while ago and I have not been able to afford new ones until recently. So I was wondering is it possible to use my old retainers as a mold or will I have to use my teeth in the current setting they are in. The reason I ask is because my teeth have moved a little and so I hope to use the retainers to put them back in place.

Reusing retainer as a mold

Hi Zakir, thank you for posting your question here. Its very difficult to use the broken retainer as a mold. I am sorry to hear that the teeth have moved a little bit. If it is only a very minor movement, dentist and technician can correct it before making new retainer. IT all has to be done on a new impression though. Hope it helps.

Leeds Dentist