I woke up a few weeks ago with a horizontal cheek indentation on my right cheek. What is an alternative to perlane? I am 63

I had it filled in with perlane but it's still there. Is there anything else I can do? Would laser help?

Doctor Answers 2

Voluma for the mid-face area

It is hard to say without seeing a photo. My suggestion is to learn more about Voluma. The new facial filler that will instantly restore volume and give your face a softer appearance, can last up to two years. Consult with your doctor to decide if Voluma is right for you.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon
3.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Alternatives to Perlane for cheek indentation

Pictures of the indentation on your cheek would be helpful to give you the best advice.  If it is an issue with volume replacement, a laser would not normally help with this problem.  Instead of Perlane, you could try a firmer filler, like Radiesse, or possibly a surgically placed implant.  It's also possible that you just needed more Perlane to see a better effect.  If the indentation is within the skin, and not due to volume loss, then it is possible that a laser could improve it.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.