How soon after the Neograft procedure can I use hair thickener/spray on fibers?

I'm getting the procedure next month and currently use Fullmore or Toppik spray on hair thickeners. I've been using them for years and even my friends and family don't know how bad my hair loss actually is without it. Will applying the thickeners stunt the new grafts from growing even if I wait 10 days after surgery to apply it? Are these thickeners safe to use while my new hair grows? II'm getting 2500 grafts

Use of thickener/spray on fibers

I recommend waiting 10-14 days before doing anything to the hair in the transplanted area. After 14 days you can pretty much go back to business as per usual with your hair. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neograft and Hair Thickeners

Thanks for your question!  I recommend waiting a full two weeks before using any styling or thickening hair products.  As always though, be sure to follow up with your surgeon prior to using any products.  Best of luck with your transfer!

Hair thickener and Toppik

Waiting 10-14 days should be sufficient after Neograft or other hair restoration procedures to start using your hair products.  If the substance you are using is somehow occlusive to the scalp and could prevent new hair from growing or penetrating the skin's surface then I would suggest cleaning it off regularly to prevent any problems with ingrown hair. 

Grant Stevens, MD

NeoGraft Recovery

As the first and only FDA-cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system, NeoGraft is superior to other hair growth systems and products for its automation of the FUE technique, its recovery time and it performance in creating natural looking results. I suggest you wait after the 1-2 week recovery period to begin utilizing other hair growth remedies.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks +

Every doctor will have his or her own protocol to follow after hair transplantation.  At 3 weeks the follicles should be well integrated into the scalp.

Tim Neavin, MD

Hair care products after hair transplant surgery

You can start to use hair care products after hair transplant surgery if you are completely healed.  The healing process is about ten days to two weeks. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Neograft surgery is like any other hair transplant surgery in its post operative care. It is a good idea to follow up

Neograft surgery is like any other hair transplant surgery in its post operative care. It is a good idea to follow up with your doctor for specific concerns as each doctor may have different regimen and care instructions.  Applying thickeners should not be an issue in general.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How Soon after Neograft May I use Topical Hair Thickeners?

• After Neograft hair transplantation, we see our patients back one week later. 
  • By that time everything usually looks great, and we allow our patients to resume with topical sprays. 
  • By one week or so, you should be just fine using these thickeners. 
  • Best of luck to you!

Fibers

In general you can do anything you want after 7 days but each patient is unique and this should be discussed directly with your doctor.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist