What are my options of having lipo with a TT? (Photo)

I'm 45 y/o looking at a mommy makeover. I am 10 lbs from ideal weight with a 28 BMI. After reading reviews and seeing pictures of lipo preformed I am afraid of lumps left and the unexpected pain people seem to report. What are the options for lipo with a TT or is there one " gold" standard used?

What are my options of having lipo with a TT?

From your photos, I believe you would be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck with possible liposuction over the upper mid-abdomen and flanks.  There is no true "gold" standard of treatment.  That said, be certain to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive tummy tuck and liposuction experience.  As to see their pre and post op photos of patients similar to yourself.  This should give you a good starting point.   Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover--liposuction as part of it?

From your pictures alone it is difficult to say whether you need liposuction in addition to a TT.  Part of the decision will depend on your examination: how much laxity there is in the skin, how much in the muscle layer, and whether there are fat deposits in excess of the normal amount.  It is fairly common to perform liposuction in the flanks in addition to the TT.  Generally permanent lumps and excessive pain are very uncommon. I am in Brookfield if you want to schedule a consultation.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Based on your photos, it is impossible to say whether liposuction or a tummy tuck would be the right choice for you. It's going to depend on your skin quality. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Liposuction with tummy tuck

I am not certain what you are really asking, but I will try to answer. Can you have tummy tuck at the same time and the same place as liposuction? Yes but with higher risk of injuring the skin. The pain of the procedures you are considering is almost directly related to whether you have your muscles tightened. That is usually where the long term pain issues come from as well. We offer the option of skipping the muscle tightening at a reduced cost, while still removing the same amount of skin and fat. WE all recommend seeing a board certified Plastic Surgeon, Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Nothing less!

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with a tummy tuck

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and liposuction.

• Liposuction with a tummy tuck is usually done on the flanks and at times, the upper, middle abdomen.
  • I has not caused lumps and pain in my patients.
  • The pain after liposuction is usually from vaser or laser - the heat damages nerves.
  • Irregularities from liposuction are not common on the flanks since the skin is thicker - it is more common in the lower abdomen where skin tends to be thinner.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover

From your pictures and your limited description, it is hard to say what will work best for you.  Each patient is different in what they are looking to achieve, as well as what will work best for them.  For some, liposuction done in a safe way is a great answer.  For others, they need a full abdominoplasty with liposuction to help contour areas.  Without a physical examination, it is hard to say.  You are welcome to come for a consultation and see what will work best for you.  We are northwest of Chicago, not too far from the WI border.  I hope this helps.

Tummy tuck and Lipo

It's not clear from your question or picture what you are hoping to improve.  If you have a tummy tuck it will definitely tighten the skin of you abdominal wall.  A surgeon will need to examine your abdomen to feel how much elasticity you have in your skin as this will determine whether you need a full tummy tuck or could have a mini tummy tuck with some liposuction.   Liposuction is generally  well tolerated post operatively.  Over aggressive liposuction can result in irregularity.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon who after examining you will be able to guide you on your best choices.  Good luck!

Carlin Vickery, MD

Thank you for your question and photo.  A tummy tuck would be a great option if you have loose excess abdominal skin, provided that you are not a smoker and have a weight that is stable.  This determination can be confirmed with a physical exam.  Liposuction can be an excellent treatment adjunct to contour the flanks and hip areas during a tummy tuck.  For further evaluation, please see an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Postoperative pain with mommy makeover surgery.

Liposuction pain is generally modest. When assisted by a laser or ultrasound the occasional patient can get a very problematic pain syndrome. Conventional negative pressure liposuction does not create this. Most of the pain from a mommy makeover will come from the abdominoplasty. In my practice patients are expected to be up and about the day after the operation.

Mommy Makeover - Tummy Tuck Candidate?

Thank you for your question. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover. I prefer patients to be within 10 pounds of their ideal body weight prior to surgery. This will lead to better operative results.The lower abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening will give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.   You would also benefit from liposuction of the flanks and hips. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!