My navel piercing rejected and now I have a raised scar?

My piercing scar is exactly a year old. It began to reject so I ended up just taking it out. I now have a round raised scar about the size of a skittle. It's darker than my skin color by a few shades so it's really noticeable. I've tried Mederma and had no luck. I would like to have this scar removed. I don't have a lot of money so I can't just get laser or plastic surgery.

Scar

Hi,

there are multiple modalities to help reduce scar but you may want to consider a surgical scar reduction procedure for best results.

Minneapolis Physician

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your scarring issues.  Attached is a link with some over the counter and inexpensive remedies that you may find useful to improve your scar appearance but at a year from its development surgical revision may be needed.  Hope this helps.

Keloids/Scar -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser, microneedling/PRP, surgical removal

I suggest injections to treat this area. It can be improved with lasers, injections and even surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.