Indentation scar after eyelid surgery? (Photo)

i had upper eyelid surgery done about 4 years ago and i have visible indentation scar . Is there any way to lesson the scar other than laser treatment?

Doctor Answers 3

Need surgical revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your problem is one that needs surgical revision.  Lasers will not be helpful.  If possible go back to the doctor who operated on you and get her/his recommendation.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 63 reviews

Indentation scar after eyelid surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

After 4 years, creams and lotions won't help. A surgical scar revision is best. See an experienced plastic or facial plastic surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

Surgical scar revision vs. scar serum for your eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This may be related to scar edema and I would first suggest application of Plato's Scar Serum before recommending surgical scar revision. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.