I am 5 ft 6, 185lbs. How much weight would I need to lose for best results for BBL? (Photos)

I want to make sure I have plenty of fat to Lipo, but at the same time I don't want too much and left with back, bra, and belly fat. How much weight will I have to lose for best results? Thanks in advance.

You look like a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift.  A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.  

Weight loss prior to BBL

As a general statement most people do best my achieving an ideal weight prior to any cosmetic surgery procedure.

While fin people may be short on the ideal amount of fat needed for the ideal of BBL their bodies will also be smaller requiring less fat and overall look much better.

At your current weight you're showing substantial amounts of intra-abdominal fat.

I'm guessing you have had previous pregnancies and have muscle separation causing your abdomen to bulge.

If your goal is simply to have a big bottom and the bulging abdomen does not bother you then you can probably go ahead and schedule your BBL now.

Most patients have a hard time losing and substantial amounts of fat especially getting into BMI ranges that are considered ideal or healthy.

I recommend starting a weight loss plan and consulting with plastic surgeons in the meantime.

In person consultations can help assess if you're a candidate for this procedure, how much body fat you currently have and what weight loss would achieve for you.

A BMI of 25 would be a nice goal for you.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

How much weight would you have to lose?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I usually recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or below to reduce health-related complications and provide optimal results and your BMI is slightly under that. If you wish to lose more weight, I would suggest no more than 10-15lbs and to remain at your goal weight for at least 6 months prior to your surgery because weight fluctuations before and after surgery can affect your results. Best of luck. 
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon