Chin Lipo & Possible Chin implant 10 weeks before wedding? Enough Recovery? (photos)

For the past 8 years I've considered getting chin/neck Lipo and/or possibly a chin implant to help give me a more defined jawline. Based on my attached photos, do you think I would be a good candidate for either? My weight typically fluctuates 15-20 lbs, but no matter what the awful chin chub won't budge. Secondly: My wedding is about 3 months out, and I can't bear the thought of having photos taken of me from the side. Is 10 weeks recovery enough time to see a difference? Or is it too risky?

Play It Safe - No Procedures Before Wedding

I would NOT have any procedures right now.

The very strong likelihood is that you will be fine by the time the wedding comes around - but what if you aren't?

I have been in the situation before with brides wanting things done before their big day and have refused.  You should go and enjoy your wedding without thinking about your surgeon!  Every once in a while we run into a major bump in the road and it can take a while to put patients back on track.

Go enjoy your wedding.  Come back after the honeymoon and have your procedure.  You're a good candidate.

Sounds OK

Ten weeks is good for recovery before your wedding for chin lipo and a possible chin implant.
Congratulations.

Procedures before the wedding day

Thanks for sharing.  I have performed a face and neck lift, buccal fat reduction, and and eyelid lift in a patient 1 month prior to a wedding. Her review is here on RealSelf.  Ideally we would have more time to recover but in the right patient it is possible.  I think 10 weeks would be adequate.  Speak to a few board certified facial plastic / plastic surgeons to review your options.  You may need lipo but most likely lipo with a lower face and neck lift.  Best of luck!

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Neck liposuction and a chin implant

It is important to determine the extent of the inelastic skin in the neck before making a surgical judgment about which is the correct procedure to rejuvenate the neck. Loose and inelastic skin will require a lower face and neck lift. The fatty deposits in the neck can be removed with liposuction as long as the skin tone is adequate. From the limited photographs it appears that there is are weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve.  Liposuction and a chin implant can be performed together at the same time. Visible swelling and bruising is present for approximately 2 weeks after the surgical procedure, however full healing usually takes 2-3 months to resolve. For more information and many examples, please see  the link and the video below

Neck Lipo

Your photos are not the best.I would be comfortable performing liposuction 10 weeks prior to an important event.It does not appear you need a chin implant although as I said the photos are not the best.

Chin Lipo & Possible Chin implant 10 weeks before wedding? Enough Recovery?

Hi, for a bride we typically suggest 4-6 months for any surgery just to be on the safe side.  This is one of the biggest days of your life and even though I have performed mnay chin augmentations, with chin implants, for over 30 years...10 weeks gives me pause. 

From the photos, the cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess facial and neck fat along with excess facial skin evidenced by jowls and nasolabial folds and the chin is weak. These combine to create a rectangular shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or with cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.

Jowls are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

Hope this helps.