Working out and lifting post Otoplasty and Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions?

I'm about a year post otoplasty and rhinoplasty and I'm still hesitant to lift and workout. I've tried and sometimes my ear gets hot and turns red. I have some asymmetry in my ears and in my nasal tip and I'm afraid by lifting heaving weights and working out this may negatively affect my results. Just am wondering if I'm worrying too much or if I should be concerned? Thanks

Working Out

At 1 year out, you should be able to work out without affecting your surgical results.

Dr. Michael Epstein

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Working out

At this stage you are safe to work out without affecting your results - that of the nose or ears - most surgeons allow such exercises from 6-8 weeks

Working out a year after surgery? Yes

After one year's recovery from otoplasty and rhinoplasty there should be no contraindications to a regular, normal work out. Additionally, it is unlikely that exercise after one year will have any adverse effects on your appearance or surgical result. Discuss any persistent concerns with your surgeon for recommendations. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Working out

Since you are one year removed from surgery, you are well in the clear to resume lifting weights. So long as the exercises you are performing aren't putting direct pressure on your nose or ears, you should be fine to exercise. Hope this helps!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon