Vibration to nose and ears post surgery

I'm about a year post rhinoplasty and otoplasty and I was operating a machine at work that rattled and vibrated your body. After the work day my ears were tender for a day or two and I'm worried the vibration may have affected my results

Vibration

At 1 year following surgery, your results are very stable.  It would be very difficult for you to have damaged your results through vibration.  If you do notice that your results have changed, I recommend contacting your surgeon to discuss the issue, but I highly doubt you will need to do that.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Vibrations

Following ear and nasal surgery, there can be altered sensations from different stimuli, including vibrations. That said, it is highly unlikely that any true damage occurred to your ears or nose. If you start to notice differences in the appearance in those areas, then it would be worth seeing your surgeon for an examination. Hope this helps! 

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon