Nose tip post rhinoplasty

I'm a year post rhino and the tip of my nose is asymmetrical meaning it's a little more full our puffy on one side. I'm wondering if bouncing around on a lawn mower and a lot of jarring movement might continue to ruin my results and continue to make the tip worse. Should I be concerned?

Puffy tip

Believe it or not, so me patients still have swelling at a year. It can last longer than a year for some.

Nasal tip asymmetry

Activities like lawn mowing should not impact the results of your nasal surgery at one year post-operatively. Issues like tip asymmetry can certainly occur over time. This is an issue I recommend you see your surgeon to express your concerns. There may be conservative interventions that can improve your nose. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Residual Swelling one year after tip rhinoplasty

Thanks for the question.  Tip swelling should be resolved one year after previous surgery.  Physical activity should have minimal impact on the appearance of the nasal tip at this time postoperatively.  Feel free to do whatever activity you desire and consult your surgeon if you have concerns about the appearance of your nose.

Nose Tip Rhinoplasty

Thank you very much for your question.
At 1 year out, your results should be very stable, and riding a lawnmower shouldn't change your results.  If you do notice that your results are changing, I recommend you contact your surgeon to discuss the issue.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Rhinoplasty result

It's definitely hard to say without photos. If the jarring occurred during the initial postop period it very well may be the cause.  However, if this is recent it's less likely the reason. At a year out everything should be healed in place.  My advice would be to see your surgeon.