Pain under breast 3 weeks post op and it's hard to touch. (photos)

My left side seems to be a lot harder than my right side there's a lot of pain even to touch on the underneath of my breast

Pain under breast 3 weeks post op and it's hard to touch.

Your photos seems to show a normal post-op appearance for this point in your recovery. In the area under your breasts, swelling (from gravity) in the area of the incision is not unusual at all, nor is a firm sensation (or  boggy one) that is tender to touch. This is also an area where Mondor's phlebitis can cause discomfort.

This is something that can be seen if you raise your arms and see a cord-like structure beneath the skin below your incisions on one or both sides, and the cord (the thrombosed vein) is tender to touch as well.

One side being harder than the other may be a sign of concern, or it may simply represent the side you sleep on, and that darn gravity effect again!

I do not see anything here to make me worry, but you should always see what your surgeon thinks! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Hard and painful

Hello, thank you for your recent question! Firmness is not uncommon at this point after surgery. However I would recommend you contact your surgeon to be examined in person. Best of luck!

Pain After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question, it is a common one.

Congratulations on your breast augmentation!  What you are experiencing is not uncommon.  From the pictures, it does not appear that anything is amiss (hematoma, for example).  However, if you do have concerns, it's always best to contact your plastic surgeon to discuss the issue.  They may want to examine you, and can make changes to your garment or medications to make you feel more comfortable.

-Dr. Michael Epstein

Pain after breast augmentation

While all your photographs look fairly normal for your postoperative phase to me, anytime there is a major difference between the two sides, especially a few weeks out will be best for you to be seen by your operating plastic surgeon for examination. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Pain under breast

It would be best for your PS to examine you to see what may be causing your pain.  It could be that your are hypersensitive in that area or something else is going on.  Good luck!

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Pain

It is unusual to have severe pain at 3 weeks post op.  Please see your surgeon to rule out infection.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Pain 3 weeks post BBA

Thanks for your question and photos.  It is not uncommon to still have some pain at three weeks.  Your photos look like you are symmetric and there does not look to be any evidence of bruising.  It does look like you went fairly large for frame, and some of the pain may be due to stretch on the tissue. That being said, if one side is more painful and harder than the other, it could be a sign of some fluid around the implant.  The best thing is to have your PS evaluate you as he/she is the best qualified to asses you.  If there is any question, and ultrasound can be done.  Overall, however, you look symmetric and I suspect that you will get a great result.  Best Regards.